Applications Are Now closed
We have selected the field for 2016. Congratulations and best of luck to all of you who were accepted.
Applications are generally taken May through September. We are not currently accepting applications, but if you have an interest in the competition, we’d love to hear from you. Here is some information you may want to keep in mind.
- The minimum age is 21; this is because many of the event venues are 21+
- The Competitions are open to solo acts only
- The application fee for this year is $15 to apply for your choice of either the San Francisco Comedy Competition or the Seattle International Comedy Competition OR $25 for both. Please note that each competition draws from its own talent pool and has its own talent selection criteria. The fee must be paid through Paypal ; please record and/or otherwise note your receipt number, as it is required for the application form.
- BIOGRAPHY 100 words or less please.
- VIDEO This is the most important part of your application. On the application form, please list the link/URL to your demo video, which can be hosted on youtube, vimeo, or other site. We would like to see approximately 10 minutes of high-quality video of you at your best, in front of an audience (don’t ask!).
Please note that both the Seattle and San Francisco Comedy Competitions differ from all other comedy contests and festivals in that they are approximately ONE MONTH LONG, and require a minimum commitment of one week, and potentially 3 of the 4 weeks if you move on through the preliminary, semi-final, and final rounds.
The dates for the 2016 Seattle International Comedy Competition are:
- Preliminary Week 1: Wednesday November 2 – Sunday November 6 (15 performers)
- Preliminary Week 2: Wednesday November 9 – Sunday November 13 (15 performers)
Most contestants will be able to choose which Preliminary week they wish to participate in.
All contestants will perform each night.
The top 5 comedians from each week will move on to:
- Semi-Finals: Wednesday November 16 – Sunday November 20
The top 5 comedians will move on to:
- Finals: Tuesday November 22 – Sunday November 27 (no show on Thanksgiving Nov. 24).
At any point, if you have questions…feel free to contact the Director of Talent, Peter Greyy, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org